All RSOs, students, and faculty engaging in independent activity or research abroad must register with the Study Abroad Office to receive International Insurance.
For any questions on the registration process for a registered student organization or independent travel, please call (217) 333-6104 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered Student Organization (RSO) Activity Abroad
To register with the Study Abroad Office, an RSO must complete the following steps:
- The group leader must fill out the International Travel by a Student Group Reporting Form and submit it at least two months prior to the group's departure. If you are applying for SORF, the Reporting Form must be date stamped by the Study Abroad Office either before, or the day of, the SORF deadline in order to be considered for funding.
- Submit this completed form with a list of the participant names and NetIDs to the Coordinator for International Safety and Security in the Illinois International Executive Office (507 E. Green St., Champaign) room 402.
- After we receive your form, each participant will receive an email with instructions to log into their online application and complete questionnaires and signature documents.
- Students must turn in a Signature Verification Form and photocopy of their passport to the Coordinator for International Safety and Security in the Illinois International Executive Office (507 E. Green St., Champaign) room 402.
- All students must complete the Health and Safety modules and assessments online, and group leaders must attend a Group Leader Orientation.
Independent Student Activity/Research Abroad
To register with the Study Abroad Office, a student must complete the following steps:
- Check if there is a Travel Warning for the country you will be traveling to. If so, contact the Office of International Safety and Security before proceeding further.
- Complete the Student Activity Abroad Form (SAAF)*. By filling out the SAAF students will be billed for and receive international insurance.
- You will receive an e-mail with instructions to log into your online application and complete your profile, pre-departure training and other forms.
- Within a week you will receive an e-mail from Arthur J. Gallagher with your International Insurance information.
* Students studying abroad on Study Abroad Office programs, college-sponsored programs, or RSO groups do not need to complete the SAAF.
Independent Faculty Activity/Research Abroad
To register with the Study Abroad Office, faculty must complete the online International Insurance Application. Once the form is processed you will receive your international insurance card and brochure electronically via email.