Craft your best application by meeting the following requirements.
Incoming Student Exchange Applications:
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is operating on a paperless incoming application process. All incoming exchange students must submit their applications electronically.
All applicants nominated by their home universities to apply to the University of Illinois will receive from their home university coordinators the link and access code to access the online application. The application link corresponds to a specific application cycle. In order to manage applications during each application term, home university coordinators will receive a new access code for each application term.
Fall and Academic Year (August start): March 1, 2017
- We will begin processing completed applications on February 15, 2017.
- Expected date of acceptance: late May to early June 2017.
Spring and Calendar Year (January start): September 1, 2016
- We will begin processing completed applications on August 15, 2016.
- Expected date of acceptance: late November to early December 2016.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- 3.0 out of a 4.0 grade point average or a "B" average in all courses
- Completion of one year of university education prior to commencement of exchange at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- English language proficiency (see section on "English Language Proficiency Verification" below)
- Certified evidence of US $8,900 for one semester and US $17,800 for two semesters
- Enrolled full-time at an institution that has a bilateral student exchange agreement with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Components of a Completed Application
The following documents must be uploaded as part of the completed application:
- Copy of Passport Personal Information Page
- Certification of Financial Support
- Academic Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Verification
- List of Preferred Courses (Tentative Course List)
- Portfolio or Audition Tape (Architecture, Art & Design, Landscape Architecture, and Music only)
- Two Letters of Recommendation (recommended, but not required)
- Personal Statement (recommended, but not required)