Are you looking for scholarships to assist in financing your study abroad experience? You may be eligible to apply for a variety of opportunities available from the University of Illinois and other sources.
***The application process for the I4I Scholarship and IIP (formerly IPS) Scholarships have changed! They are no longer tied to your study abroad application. For more information, application instructions, and the application form, please visit the Illinois International website.
Illinois for Illinois (I4I) Scholarship
The I4I Scholarship is available to all Illinois undergraduates studying abroad. The funding for this scholarship is provided by a student-initiated fee. Visit the Illinios International website for more information.
Illinois International Programs (IIP) Scholarships
IIP Study Abroad Scholarships are made possible by generous donations from University of Illinois alumni and friends. Some of the scholarships have very specific criteria for study abroad programs and destinations, while others maintain open criteria for a wide variety of applicants and programs. All of the IIP scholarships are open to undergraduate students–some are also open to graduate students. Visit the Illinios International website for more information.
Enabled Abroad Scholarship
The Enabled Abroad Scholarship aims to encourage University of Illinois undergraduates with physical or sensory disabilities to study abroad. While study abroad can be challenging, the experience can help you learn more about yourself and your capabilities. Visit the Illinios International website for more information.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Gilman Scholarship
- Go! Overseas Study Abroad Scholarships
- IFSA-Butler First Generation Scholar
- Institute of International Education Scholarships
- Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Scholarship
- University YMCA Bailey International Service Scholarship
- ACES Study Abroad Scholarship
- AHS Career Development and Leadership Award
- Architecture Scholarships
- Business Scholarships
- Education Scholarships
- Engineering Scholarships
- Geography & Geographic Information Science Scholarship
- Global Studies Scholarship
- Arms Control & Domestic & International Security
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Department of Spanish & Portuguese Scholarships
- Foreign Language & Area Studies (FLAS)
- Freeman Asia Program
- Germanic Academic Exchange Service
- Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
- MEXT Scholarship in Japanese Studies
- Non-Western Countries
- Turkish Coalition of America
- UK - Butex Scholarships Programme for Study Abroad Students
Contact the Graduate College Fellowship Office for additional assistance.
Drafting Your Application
The National and International Scholarships Program is available to assist you in revising applications for regionally or nationally competitive study abroad scholarships.
If you are applying for a scholarship, we suggest consulting the Writers Workshop and/or asking a peer to review your work. For those unavailable to meet face-to-face with the Writers Workshop, you can consider participating in their online synchronous tutoring service.
If you are considering graduate studies either in the U.S. or abroad, or if you would like to head overseas again after graduation, scholarships such as the Fulbright or Rhodes provide full funding. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your time while abroad to become more competitive and prepare for these future opportunities.