Faculty Led Programs
Faculty Led Courses Abroad are short-term study abroad programs led by University of Illinois faculty during both winter and summer sessions. The length of these programs varies and could be anywhere between two to six weeks. These courses are for credit and co-sponsored by University of Illinois departments or colleges and the Study Abroad Office, which offers professional administrative support.
Please remember to visit this page often to search the most current list of programs.
2013-14 Fall/Winter Faculty-Led Courses Abroad
The below Fall/Winter programs will host on-campus meetings during the second-eight weeks of Fall 2013 semester and the programs will go abroad during Winter Break 2013-14. Meeting dates and times, program length, tuition and credit vary depending on the program. Check each program link for individual details.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2013
Sponsored by the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the Study Abroad Office:
- Anthropology 445: Primate Behavior, Ecology, Ecosystem Sustainability and Conservation in Costa Rica
- Global Studies 298: The Face of Economic Development, Burkina Faso
- Global Studies 298: Conflict and Post-Conflict Resolution, Cyprus
- Global Studies 298: Culture and Linguistic Diversity, India
- Global Studies 298: Cultural Diversity, Istanbul, Turkey
- Global Studies 298: Immigration and Cultural Diversity, Jerusalem, Israel
- Global Studies 298: Natural Environment, Religion, Migration and National Identity, Oman
- Global Studies 298: Cultural Tourism and Development, Peru
- Global Studies 298: Muslim, Jewish and Christian Interactions, Spain & Morocco
- Global Studies 298: Globalization & Insurgent Spaces in Cape Town, South Africa
- Global Studies 298: Immigration and Integration, Amman, Jordan
Sponsored by the College of Applied Health Sciences and the Study Abroad Office:
Sponsored by the Department of Media and the Study Abroad Office:
Sponsored by the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences: