Applying to virtual programs is about finding the best fit for you. We expect you to take responsibility for the application process by asking questions along the way and adhering to important deadlines.
- Spring Semester Application Deadline: November 15
- Summer Semester Application Deadline: March 15
- Fall Semester Application Deadline: June 15
General Eligibility Requirements
- Enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship
- Preference is given to undergraduate students but graduate students may apply
- Good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Have completed at least one semester at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (this does not apply to transfer students)
- Demonstrates professionalism by employing time management skills, meeting deadlines, adapting, collaborating, and working remotely in an international setting
University Application Requirements
- Required advising with an international programs or study abroad advisor
- Cover letter and resume
- List linguistic and technical skills
- Outline of academic and professional goals for your experience
- Explore opportunities, credits, and scholarships Virtual Global Experiences brochure page. All opportunities are open to all majors!
- When you are ready to open an application, click on the "Apply Now" button under the Apply tab of the Virtual Global Experiences brochure page. You can only apply to one program per term. The application will ask you for 2nd and 3rd program choice options.
- After you have opened an application, meet with a study abroad advisor to discuss the application process, logistics, and expectations.
- After meeting with your advisor, submit your Virtual Global Experiences application and any related scholarship applications by the application deadlines.
- Follow the next steps from the organization, including interviews, placement, and orientations.