mobile menu toggle


Review the housing information below as you preapre to study abroad. If you are an exchange student studying at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, please refer to the housing information on the International Student and Scholar Services website.

U.S. Housing

If you are living in on-campus housing, and studying abroad in the Spring, you can terminate your contract early by taking a copy of your acceptance letter to your residence hall director.

If you live off-campus, you may need to sublease your Champaign-Urbana apartment, or find a sublease for yourself for the semester you’ll be on campus. Utilize resources such as online marketplaces, community group ads, your college's posting areas, or the study abroad housing board to find solutions. Make sure that you review the policies within your lease and consult with your landlord to make appropriate arrangements.

Housing Board

Housing While Abroad

To learn about your housing options and how to secure your accommodations while abroad, please speak with your study abroad advisor or program.