Utilize our online search to explore program options and find one that aligns with your interests and goals.
My Study Abroad
Illinois uses an online platform called “My Study Abroad” to house program information, applications, and communicate with you about program requirements and deadlines.Program Search
Understanding Approved Program Offerings
All programs within My Study Abroad have been approved by the University. Choose one of these programs to ensure that you can utilize your financial aid, apply for Illinois-sponsored scholarships, maintain your Illinois student status, and receive the full support of the study abroad offices.
All programs, regardless of administering unit, can be found in My Study Abroad. Each program title begins with an acronym that designates its administering unit.
- IAGE-administered Programs: Illinois Abroad and Global Exchange (IAGE) is the campus study abroad office. Our programs are open to students from all majors. In My Study Abroad, programs we administer begin with the acronym "IAGE."
- College-administered Programs: Several colleges have study abroad units that offer programs to their students and/or students in other colleges. In My Study Abroad, college-administered programs begin with their college acronym (ACES, BUS, LAS, etc.). If that college has its own study abroad office, you will find their contact information on the College Study Abroad Offices page.
Program Major Eligibility
Each study abroad unit decides how open or restrictive their programs are to students in other colleges. You are not restricted to programs administered by your college and may apply to programs administered by other collges, as long as you meet the minimum eligibility requirements for that program. Look at the list below to get an idea of which programs you may apply for.
- ACES-administered programs: Many are open to all majors
- Business-administered programs: Only open to Business majors
- Education-administered programs: Open to all majors (but focus heavily on education topics)
- Engineering-administered programs: Mostly open to engineering majors (some are open to STEM majors)
- IAGE-administered programs: Open to all majors
- LAS-administered programs: Many are open to all majors
- Law-administered programs: Only open to graduate majors in the college
- Media-administered programs: Mostly open to media majors (short courses are open to all majors)
With hundreds of approved programs, you should be able to find a program that aligns with your study abroad goals. It is strongly recommended that you choose an approved program, however, students have the option to petition to participate in a non-approved program.